The signs and symptoms of interstitial cystitis are of course different from person to person.Your symptoms may wax and wane during different periods of time.
Here are some common symptoms:
- Pain in your pelvis or between the vagina and anus in women or between the scrotum and anus in men (perineum).
- Chronic pelvic pain.
- A persistent, urgent need to urinate.
- Frequent urination, often of small amounts, throughout the day and night.y.
- Pain or discomfort while the bladder fills and relief after urinating.
- Pain during sexual intercourse.
Although signs and symptoms of interstitial cystitis seem like those of a uti, urine cultures are usually clear of bacteria
Things to help with symptoms:
Avoid irritating foods...
Some common ones are spicy foods, tomatoes, things with citric acid(alot of fruits), caffeine, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, chocolate, and coffee.
Let a heating pad become your friend!
Physical therapy to help with your pelvic floor!
Know when to rest and not overdo it!
Here is a food list to help.....
Feel free to ask me any questions about IC and I can point you in the right direction for some answers hopefully! :-)